Studio Artists at The CU
The Cedars Union is an artist incubator community that will offer year-round creative programming and artist-only workshops for forming best practices, career development, and business skills. All artists will play an integral part in helping mold the future of The CU.
Studio space is offered to artists through a juried panel process to ensure complete inclusion and fairness to all artists wishing to practice their art at The CU. Jurors will rotate throughout the year.
The Cedars Union Annex will be home to 15 Studio Artists when the facility opens in 2018.
How To Apply
- Must be a practicing artist coming out of MA or MFA program
- Or must be a practicing artist of 3 or more years
- Letter of Intent
- 10 Images of Recent Work
- Link to website, social media album, or other media platform to view additional works if applicable
- Artist Statement
Studio rental rates
Rates (based on lease duration):
- 3-month lease: $1.50/sq ft
- 6-month lease: $1.25/sq ft
- 9-month lease: $1.00/sq ft
The Annex Facilities
The 7,000 square-foot Cedars Union Annex at 1219 S. Ervay Street will act as a model for the future 60,000 square-foot Cedars Union building. The Annex facility will be home to 15 Studio Artists and can accommodate a wide range of artistic practice.
Highlighted Features & Amenities
• 15 micro-studios in 4 sizes
• Tool access for multiple artistic practices
• Community gathering space
• Small meeting space for artists and client meetings
• Gallery wall with proper lighting for artists
• Hi-speed secured WiFi
• Artist specific workshops
• Year-round programming
• Shop safety training
• Staffed 24/7 by CU employees
• 24/7 artist access to facility
• Keycard entrance and exit points
• Accessible free parking