Shop Artists at The CU
The Cedars Union is an artist incubator community that will offer year-round creative programming and artist-only workshops for increasing career and business knowledge and skills. All artists will play an integral part in helping mold the future of The CU.
The Cedars Union offers artists who do not need micro-studio rental space the option to purchase 1-Day or 2-Day access to The CU tools and resources. Shop Artist applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Annex facility can accommodate up to 30 artists at any given time.
How To Apply
- Must be a practicing artist coming out of MA or MFA program
- Or must be a practicing artist of 3 or more years
- Must complete shop safety training
- Must pay annual dues of $125
Shop Day Rates
There are two options for Shop Artist use of the facility:
- 1-Day Pass: $55 (artist member access is good for one 24-hour day period)
- 2-Day Pass: $80 (artist member access is good for two consecutive days of your choosing for 48 hours)
The Annex Facilities
The 7,000 square-foot Cedars Union Annex is an artist incubator community which will act as a model for the future 60,000 square foot Cedars Union. A first-come first-serve process will allow up to 30 shop artists day use of the facility.
Highlighted Features & Amenities:
• Year-round programming
• Shop safety training
• Staffed 9am-9pm by CU employees
• 24/7 artist member access to facility
• Keycard entrance and exit points
• Accessible free parking
• Tool access for multiple artistic practices
• Community gathering space
• Small meeting space for artists and client meetings
• Gallery wall with proper lighting for Annex artists
• Hi-speed secured WiFi
• Artist specific workshops