- This event has passed.
Dallas Skyline: Virtual Painting Class
April 8 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Cedars Union artist, muralist, and illustrator Mari Pohlman broke into art by sketching and painting the cities she visited while traveling. Today the Dallas skyline is a frequent request from her clients, giving her experience painting the same array of buildings from different vantage points. In this virtual class Mari will teach participants how to draw and paint the Dallas skyline using watercolor pencils – a simple and beginner friendly medium. Participants will be able to watch live or see a recorded version of the class after it runs. A material list is provided below so that you may paint along.
This class will be held over Zoom. After purchasing a ticket participants will be given a join link to tune in during the time of the class. If you can’t make the live class you will still be able to watch the content afterwards, sent to participants within a week of airing.
- Watercolor pencils – Mari uses Derwert but any brand will do
- Round watercolor brushes – a small and medium size
- Watercolor paper – Mari will use a sheet of 9×12 hot pressed paper. For a guide to choosing watercolor paper, click here.
- A cup of water
- Paper towels or rags
- A pencil with an erasure (avoid mechanical)
- A waterproof black pen, such as a Micron 03