Disco Beading: Virtual Workshop
May 6 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$25.00
Painter and fiber artist Cat Rigdon will instruct participants how to make a small, colorful piece over a Zoom meeting format with reflective “disco beads”. Created for beginners, this workshop will cover the basic steps for planning a design and adding beadwork to a small piece of fabric with an embroidery hoop, needle, and thread. Materials must be secured by the participants ahead of the workshop if they would like to follow along with the supplies list below. Ticket holders will receive a recorded video of the workshop after the lesson so that they can continue to review the practice. $25 per screen. Hint, hint, Mother’s Day is the following Sunday!
- 4-inch round embroidery hoop
- 1 size 11 needle, or a thinner needle with a small eye
- 1 bobbin of thread, preferably nylon beading thread size D
- 6 x 6 inch square of muslin or other easy to work with fabric, which could be your shirt!
- Variety of beads, I suggest searching “Variety glass beads” or this pack from Fire Mountain Gems https://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/h201048as
- Craft glue